Thursday, September 29, 2005

My heart beat rapidly against my chest as I strained to draw breath into my scarred lungs. I fell rapidly through the heavens, plummeting to my doom. A moment it was there, the next it is gone. What held me up has pushed me down. Spinning out of control I reached for the door. I grasped out with all of my strength, but the evening is unforgiving. The night swallowed me whole as I cried out in despair.
I feel my heart beat rapidly against my chest as I strain to draw the cool air into my decrepit lungs. I've lost sight of who I am. I've lost control of what was me. At the bottom of a well, I float submerged in misery. Dripping in defeat. I am gone. My mind is lost my soul is broken. I am finished. Clawing at the stone I reach for the skies.
My heart will soon beat rapidly as my mind will lose its grip, I'll fight for air as I slip away forever. Drifing in the darkness, alone with my thoughts. I will be forgotten. My heart stops beating, my lungs forget to breathe. I am forgotten.

No comments: