Thursday, June 08, 2006

My mind is racing. I am staring back at the past unwillingly and hoping to hell that I can stop myself before I start the dive; the rapid decent into the vast, dark, unknown caverns of my heart and soul. It's an ongoing battle. There is a peculiar little demon inside of me, clawing it's way to the surface of my skin.

I don't see this as going much of anywhere; nowhere that I haven't been before at least. Like a dog attached to a pole, running in tighter circles until I have no choice but to face the very thing around which I am circling. I feel there's too much slack at this point to tell for certain what I'm about to bash my head up against.

I have a feeling I'll see you there though. Standing there with that smug look upon your face. Content to watch as I pull myself closer towards eventual demise. Or will it be redemption? Stop thinking in absolutes; maybe it is both!

Maybe I'm not even circling... just standing in the middle of an empty field with my pants draped around my ankles. Staring up at the sky and all around hoping to see a glimmer of you there. Straining my eyes to see you standing on the horizon coming towards me, instead of away. Perhaps it's time to look for other options and hope for neither.

Scrutinize me if you will, I feel it would be justified. This entire ordeal has felt like a drop kick to my genitals from beginning to end. It's been a sickening experience to say the least. God, how I love it though. Everywhere I look I can see a memory or two. Through a booze stained vision I remember laughing there and crying here, making love under that, or yelling on top of this. The memories make me feel worse.

I can't change it though, I suppose. I tried to change it, that was rather foolish of me when you think of it. It has happened, and all we have left is today. No matter what happens all that really matters is this; here and now.

It still hurts though, but I'm beginning to think that is one of the most beautiful parts of life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was having one of those star gazing moments, where I only come close to overcoming my blindness towards myself by looking as far away as possible. Decided to search on the net instead and ask 'are u out there' and so u where. The question is should one play on the surface of the water enjoy its simplicity and never swim deeper or swim deeper into the amazing depths of the mind but risk drowning? But u are right - life is random its just how u look at it that makes the difference - don't know what the hell I am doing writing to you, think I have to create one of these blogs now even to send this but as a totally random stranger to another I would love to give u my fav quote "those who don't tread in dog shit are not looking up at the stars" enjoy your life for me - thanks for the inspiration.

Hands of Loki said...

I gave up on writing... you just made it seem worth while...

Thank you for the inspiration