Saturday, March 24, 2007

Mother I'm calling
From a payphone down the way
Just needed to tell you I'm sorry
It's all I really want to say
-
Brother I'm wondering
If you'll ever be okay
Things have been so tough for us
Destiny has gone astray
-
Father I'm dying
And this pain won't go away
You ruined what we never had
With your lies of yesterday
-
With scorched Earth
And porcelain dreams
We send the lamb to the slaughter
A deafened childs screams
-
Floating on feather filled hypocracy
Cover your eyes to the darkness engulfing
Forget the word Bravery
This is all we'll ever need
-
A world full of betrayal
A heart full of lies
We let go of everything we've learned
And listen to what we're being taught
-
We've learned to be kind
We've learned to be strong
We've learned to be brave
And we've learned not to do wrong
-
Life has taught us to doubt
Life has taught us to lie
Life has taught us to hide
And life has taught us to cry.
-
'Misery loves company'
But I'll do this alone
A broken part inside of me
Will never remember peace.
-
--
---
----
-----
First poem in nearly a year
It's incomplete as of right now,
so hopefully I can figure more out
soon

No comments: