Saturday, July 16, 2005

Large orbs of water plummeted swiftly through the air, the ground rising up to meet them at a head spinning pace. Their comrades hung precariously within the clouds, waiting until the moment in which they might join their fellow globes of hydrogen dioxide. Crashing violently into the newly moistened soil the rain drops split open, flying every which way. The grass and trees alike bowed beneath the weight of the water, paying homage to their esteemed master. A grim apprehension settled in as the murky legions seized hold of the last claim of blue sky. The thunder clapped ominously, shaking the very essence of my soul. I stood watching forks of lightning encase the horizon, lashing out ferociously at one another. The battle raged, as they clasped onto one another, the thunderous roars of the heavens cheering them forward. As swiftly as one had struck, the other was gone. I watched, enthralled by the magnificence and power behind the very nature in which we try to live. The strength of the God's had placed me in a trance, yet the slightest sphere of water sliding slowly down the length of my face snapped me back into reality. My body stood erect amongst the tall, bending grass. I swayed cautiously with the wind feeling it pull at the edges of my clothes, churning the leaves at my feet. The darkness billowed above me, seething in the witch's pot. The power of the absolute stirred up my insides, a knot of barbed wire rolled in my stomach. All sense of comprehension had long since been dismissed from my mind. I did not understand the way I felt, nor why the thoughts hurt me so. The only thing I knew in that moment was hate. An extreme hate for everything that lay before me and about me. I watched the simplistic beauty of the destruction that the almighty could so easily bestow upon the world, acting on a whim. I listened to the silence that filtered through the air as the storm drew to a close. The all-knowing omnipotent master, the divine creator and controller of our fates sat happily in his throne amongst the turning clouds. Was what lay beneath him a source of cruel joy? A God indeed. The world falls apart at every single turn, the days fade to nights and we become nothing. He still has time for the wind that carried a simple maple leaf across the plains. As I lost all control, I roared up to the heavens. My voice grumbling up, I bellowed forth all of the hatred I held inside. I cried out with all of my might, so that the Holy Spirit might know the malignity I bore for him. My voice cracked, my body folding to the wet earth. He did not hear me, and my voice would fade out like all the others. I would not echo through eternity. I am nothing in the eyes of my father.

No comments: