Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Rays of warmth filter across my tranquil facade. I run my tongue across the edges of my partially opened lips, tasting the humid air on its way to my lungs. My body lays helplessly in your arms, as I float through time. Your soft fingers curve about my scalp, curling my hair slowly in a majestic waltz. I am happy. I can feel myself losing past inhibitions, nothing seems to matter anymore. Only you, and the way you are looking at me right now. Laying amongst the tall grass, the world stops beneath us. Time stands still as we lay engulfed within the cosmos, enveloped in one anothers arms. Dusk stands still, laying on the horizon with its crimson arms stretching across the heavens in an attempt to embrace the darkness of night. My heart aches at the thought of this primordial pursuit. Captivated by one another, in a constant chase through the heavens. Near enough to taste the trail, but never close enough to touch. The darkness and the light, sun and the moon, day and night. Forever in love, and forever alone. A perplexing thought, an astonishing image that seems unfamiliar. Feeling your chest rise and fall, your heartbeat pounding against my chest, your life flowing with mine, I understand. I glimpse into the heavens, and watch as you fade into the distance. I rise to the sky and follow after. Love pushes me, Love pulls me. Forever and always searching for you. Waiting for the world to stop, so I can lay in your grasp once more.

No comments: