Sunday, October 23, 2005

My Sunrise

The Black night folds about me,
Enveloping the confines of my soul,
Binding my heart to the shadows.

In the silence, there is nothing,
Nothing but the sound of a heartbeat,
The solitude killing my insides.

But as I look upon the Heavens,
I see a glint of hope,
As my darkness begins to fade.

The shadows fall to a royal blue,
The darkness writhing from my mind,
As the skies are born again.

A sudden shot of scarlet,
Forged within obscurity,
Clears the lurid minds.

A gentle wind brings whispers,
And slides among the leaves,
A murmur of better days.

Angelic songs pierce the cold,
As the birds begin to wake,
The Guardians of dawn.

The sun's bright rays creep,
Upon my body laying in the filth,
Embracing what's left of misery.

Grasping hold to all I've ever known,
All I've ever known to hate,
As it is torn like my broken heart.

With the single blink of an eye,
What was dark, now is light,
Nothing what it was before.

And as you look upon me now,
You will see this rapid change,
The man I was, is not the man I am.

Behold, My Sunrise
(I wrote this roughly two years ago)

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

I love this one! Your very deep. So am I. I would address you by name but don't know it. If you wish to keep that unknown no problem. Isn't it strange how some think you can't be deep and yet have a great sense of humor also?..hmmm..you can do both for sure, just not at the same time is all! Thee are many facets of personality to all of us and yes I agree with you we can go from happy to suddenly sad when something in life "hits us" or "hurts us"....its like this dark cloud coming over us...but we keep going and the "balancing act" continues. My last 3 poems on my post are from 4 years ago, with a "break up" of someone I loved who hurt me a lot in the past. I moved to where I live now a few months ago and still unpacking all my journals and some old poems and things. So I found those poems while unpacking papers and thought "not too bad think I'll post these"..only for some to think I'm "grieving" now and those post are about "This moment in time"...I guess I better make sure I clarify how old some are and when they are new poems like you did. Lesson's in life, "people judge and assume a lot" when they have absolutely no clue who you are or know anything about your life"....but does it really matter?

I thank you for your comments on my blog about my poems. I want you to not feel any kind of obligation whatsoever towards being "nice" about my work. If you like it then I am happy you do, thanks so much, but again please do not feel any obligation. I think you are a fantastic writer and I just want to give credit where credit is due. I see great talent in you and I will keep coming here to your blog to read your wonderful writing in your post.

Oh one more thing yeah "the writers block" when under pressure or fear,etc. Its like we sometimes lose the "natural flow" when under pressure so don't push or pressure yourself when that happens..and when the "inspiration" comes back again(which it will) have paper and pen handy. Of course I'm sure you already know this..:o)

Angel Blessings to you,

Rhiannon