Tuesday, October 18, 2005

This evening I had a rather horrible experience with a somewhat vivacious yoga ball. My back has gone entirely out of the norm for me, and I have been experiencing quite a bit of pain. I decided that, instead of cracking it as I usually would, I'd stretch it by rolling over the pretty yoga ball backwards. Little did I know what grave danger I had put myself in. As I slid down on the ball, I slowly rolled myself backwards, watching the room roll past me. My foot slipped and I lost control. I slid quickly along the not so safe side of the ball, attempted to catch my balance, and then tumbled magnificently into the low laying window sill. Needless to say my tailbone is not in the greatest of shape at this point in time. I could have sprawled out upon the floor and thrashed out at this unknowing ball, or I could have gotten up and tried my best to shake it off. Too my own surprise I chose the latter.
Now I realize that this post does not neccesarily fit into my regular style of writing, however I did find within this moment of time a very profound lesson.
Life is not predictable. It cannot be pretold, nor given heed to through prophecy. I fell on my ass to realize just how truly frail we humans are. The slightest jarring of regularity can cause the greatest of discomfort and abnormality. Now this instance of seeming hilarity can be viewed with a good sense of humour, or it can be viewed in a seemingly more philisophical manner. Take my experience and place it on the larger scale of life. Sometimes we are thrown a curve ball that we never saw coming. It can blow us away and leave us shaking our heads in wonder. Do we let ourselves lay in the dust, or do we get up and wipe ourselves off? Do we sit around and point the finger of blame, or do we get up and realize that "Shit happens". I personally have learned to respect the yoga ball, instead of disbanding it across the length of six football fields. I realize that I am not a coordinated master of the "ball" arts, and that I should take heed when next I should attempt to demonstrate my skills or lack thereof upon the ball.
Basically, don't dwell on the things that don't make a difference. Realize that life is short, and the only way to truly live it is to learn from what you have experienced. Feel what you are meant to feel, but do not take it any further than that. Live and let live as I believe the saying goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he he i wassnt there when u feel but rather talking to u wich makes me feel rather specail yes!and again this post made me giggle quite a lott te hee ok im outnight night

Anonymous said...

thats coool how you can almost make sence of anything.. i try.